All the chatter about arming school teachers is making me fricking ill. My eighth grade math teacher with a gun in her hand… jaysus.
So tell me, could you kill someone?
Play it out, all the way out. Don’t just think of that instant where you believe harm is coming your way, continue to the end.
1. You believe you are in danger
2. You shoot and kill him
3. You look down and see a 19 year old
4. A 19 year old’s blood is pooling underneath him
5. Shocked, you call for help
6. People gather around and see that you just shot a 19 year old boy. They don’t know if he was a threat or not. They are screaming “what the fuck, Laura, what the fuck”
7. Police are here. You just shot a 19 year old boy. You say you felt threatened, they see a gun nearby…. they see the pool of blood underneath him.
8. You shot and killed a 19 year old. Someone’s son, brother, friend.
9. Go home and sleep. Do you see the blood pooling under him? Yes, every day and night, for the rest of your life.
Could you kill someone?
PS Don’t look to arm the unarmed, hire TRAINED military personnel, I’m sure they would love to protect some children.