If I Was Gay

If I Was Gay FIf I was gay, I’d want you to know that I’m not doing this for attention or because it’s trendy.

I’m not doing this temporarily because someone hurt me.

I’m not doing this to upset or hurt you.

I’m not even thinking of you.

I’m thinking of finding happiness.

I’m thinking of getting through my day without assholes.

I’m thinking of ways to survive in this shit-hole world.

Now let’s suppose I actually was gay and behaved like the idiot rednecks, I would:

Make sure you cannot share your employment benefits with your live-in hillbilly cousin.

Fight to change the rules of marriage and no longer allow straight people to wed.

Band together and find straight guys to drag behind my truck.

Stone straight people and leave them in pools of blood.

Actually, If I WAS gay, I would be the same person. I don’t deliberately hurt people because of their sex life. Weird, right?

So, what is your problem?

If I Was Gay

22 comments on “If I Was Gay

1. Raymond says:

Because they haven’t evolved enough to know the difference between their intentions and other peoples intentions (i.e. how they treat their partners)🙂

2. Alex says:

This post is everything. THANK you for sharing this!

3. Kal says:

I wish it was just rednecks – our prime minister tried to repeal same sex marriage 3 times while in office. Ugh. Still, your point is very well made🙂

4. And this is how everybody should be!🙂

5. Reblogged this on On The Verge and commented:
    I love this woman & her insightful writing #mustread

6. Hoary Gill says:

I used to be gay… until someone with an agenda usurped the meaning of my beloved adjective!

:?D

I posted the following on CC in a thread titled “And Jesus wept” about a year and a half ago.

“I just don’t get this whole christian castigation of and aversion to homosexuality. I mean, these people claim to love God, and Jesus as Him, as their Lord and Master, so man, if you love someThing or someOne that much – and he wanted a blow job, good God, man, would you not get on your knees and give your self-professed Lord and Master a blow job?

or maybe you don’t love Him that much, eh?”

I am heterosexual by nature. I think I could make love to any woman at the drop of a hat (not that I’ve ever put the theory to the test, mind you), but for me to actually want to have sex with a guy? Well, that would require a whole lotta love and compassion and not even necessarily desire (for gratification), other than the desire to show that love and compassion.

My preference is to show women the love and compassion I hold for all humanity, and my prayer is that women would do the same for men.

;?)

What to do but cosign this – thanks

8. I do like a blogger who knows how to kick ass! Or arse as we say here in the UK.
    Jean-Paul

9. If I was gay I also wouldn’t sue pastors or photographers or bakers for not wanting to participate in my wedding. I would want only people who support me there.

But I also agree with this post. Just because someone is gay doesn’t mean they deserve to be treated like shit and worse.

Awesome post Laura. Brava!🙂