Five Ways You Know You’ve Been Alone For Too Long

Five Ways1. You can carry a freezer up the stairs by yourself because you have to.

2. You can climb on the roof and adjust the satellite, repair some shingles and, why not fix the bricks on the chimney?

3. You have sweatpants for every day of the week and sexy tights for Saturdays.

4. You stop flirting, start making true friends and real connections. Some with other women and their spouses, people bake stuff for you!!!

5. You walk into your own home and think “This place is so pretty, it’s exactly perfect for me.”

That’s when you know, you have truly evolved.

I have cats too, lots and lots of cats.

bannerw200a

Five Ways You Know You've Been Alone For Too Long

98 comments on “Five Ways You Know You’ve Been Alone For Too Long

1. floridaborne says:

No dogs? There have to be dogs. They can spot the good people among the rotten ones. 🙂

2. D. Parker says:

Oh Lord, how long have I been alone? lol

3. souldancer44 says:

So funny but true!

4. When you put the butter knife on the kitchen counter so the used end hangs over the sink. Just in case you want to make another sandwich, but you don’t… and it sits there for a long while.

5. Number 5 Home sweet home.

6. Haha this is awesome! It’s funny if I wasn’t married I think would be exactly this way!

7. Vicky says:

Love this and so true! I can move large pieces of heavy furniture up and down stairs all on my own to the amazement of my friends (even their husbands!)….I love having to figure out things on my own and think it’s one of the best things about being single🙂.

8. 😀 I’m not single but, when you make friends with other couples, they totally do bake stuff for you! Weird. Also, I don’t bake (or cook) so it’s mighty awkward when I don’t reciprocate. Then I lose brownies and stuff. It’s sad. I love #3 & #5–one I have, one I don’t.

9. “1. You can carry a freezer up the stairs by yourself, because you have to.”

Hahaha! So true.

10. Joseph Nebus says:

It’s a good checklist but it does require some cautions. For example it implies something different if you go fixing the bricks on your chimney when you in fact don’t have a chimney.

11. Laurien says:

Haha, I was thinking about stuff like talking back to the television or painting a face on a ball to have company…. not that I do that. Really. I don’t.

12. carol hedges says:

actually, quite a lot of this applies to me and I’ve been married for ages and ages. oops

13. First time visitor here (I follow you on Twitter)…

I can relate to all of these. As a matter of fact, I’m sitting in my sweats as we speak. The same sweats I’ve worn all weekend… but that’s a different story.

I’ve assembled every piece of furniture in my house, including the sound bar I attached to my 50 inch TV last night. I almost threw my freaking back out but, hey, now I can watch “The Golden Girls” in surround sound.

14. Wonderful blog, and I see that you’re a Golden Girl’s fan too!

Blog found at yadadarcyyada

15. And I presume you know how to shut the gas off in the event of an earthquake. I need to figure that out– otherwise I am evolved too!

16. Also I Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award https://livinginagoldenafternoon.wordpress.com/2015/03/23/the-versatile-blogger-award/

17. Cary Vaughn says:

You had me at “lots and lots of cats.”

18. DagoR75 says:

No need to hurry home…work, work, just get busy out there.

19. Loved no 2! In fact my set needs better signal. Fancy coming over to sort it out?

20. Reblogged this on Skinny and Single and commented:

Another Fave🙂

21. cats are important. and it’s not true what they say about cats and women. that the more you have, the more likely you’ll stay single. we just happen to be good and sniffing out trouble for you and then use his leg for a scratching post…

22. For me it was two dressers…because I had too. Working on that “the place is so pretty” one…and it’s only been a year!

23. Hollie says:

love your posts x

24. SWEXPERTS says:

Love point 5. I remember feeling like that when I was single (wait a minute…that’s the point right!?)

25. Sue says:

Love this! Married for 20 yrs, alone now for 11 yrs and never been happier! Sweet Beagle is now my best bud, lol.

26. thesingleswan says:

Single and proud of myself for doing my own DIY. Also loving not having to share a wardrobe. It is going to take a lot for me to give up my wardrobe space and organisation.

27. I have been single fo over twenty years and although if I have a freezer that needs moving, I will pay someone to move it for me. I may get a cat if the cat can feed itself. I’m a Florida beach bum so I have no sweat pants, and most women flirt with me, however, I do not recognize most of their flirtations. Great posting!

28. Ally Fiesta says:

That fridge carrying this is when you know yr good!

29. My wife says all very true🙂 Thanks for linking up #bigfatlinky

30. I don’t thin there need to be dogs. Cats are good. Except the peeing. But at least they appreciate all of our nice pillows and soft throw blankets.

31. […] Source: Five Ways You Know You’ve Been Alone For Too Long […]

32. krista-lee-pfeiffer says:

Hi, I’m visiting from the BlogShareLearn Linky. Though I’ve been a fan for a while now. Even though I’ve been married forever, I love your humor & honesty. I’m sure many people feel exactly the same way but don’t have the courage to say the things you say. Thanks for sharing & always providing me with a good laugh!

Have a great week!
    -Krista

33. marcelleb1 says:

Coming home to a house just the way you left it…Peaceful….TV station of your choice…Oh the best part is making REAL Friends…Oh yes …The Entire bed is YOURS!! ..I, on days miss that time!!.. Now, though to be honest,enjoy true companionship, though took several fish that I through back in that gene pool!!..XO

34. Rica@ Yoga Mat Monkey says:

You mop the floors naked and don’t give a f*ck. Wait, I don’t live alone. Maybe this is why my 16 year old thinks I’m insane. Ah, well, body shame is lame. ha ha.

35. elainemansfield says:

I’m there after seven years–with the dog. I can hang out on the backporch naked and load the woodstove from the woodpile on the front porch wearing nothing but snow boots. Can’t carry the freezer, but I know who to call for heaving lifting.
    “Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is richness of self.” May Sarton

36. thesingleswan says:

I think it is when someone comes into your flat and says, in a not entirely complimentary way ‘it is very you’. Pen

37. Janice Wald says:

Hi Laura
    I forgot what a funny writer you are. My favorite tip was the clothes. Thanks for bringing this to the Blogger’s Pit Stop.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

38. Janice Wald says:

I thought your post was really funny. I’m recommending you be featured on my site on Friday. Congratulations.
    Janice

39. […] You’ve been alone too long by Skinny & Single […]

40. […] You’ve been alone too long by Skinny & Single […]

41. Vivi.m says:

Sooo..people bake stuff for you?
    I might consider divorce

42. hugshomemadegmailcom says:

This is what my mom says too. She is been along almost 6 years now. She got lots of dogs too.🙂 nice post friend.

43. […] (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Click here to read more […]

44. Cheryl says:

AMEN

45. Sandy says:

Love this! I just painted my home by myself with a 16 foot roller in a day and had a beer and still felt sexy! Love my life…lost 280 pounds when I signed the divorce! Lol. My women tribe keep me real and have never been suicidal either!

46. Johnitaj14 says:

Even those of us in relationships can relate to this! Great Post!

47. Anonymous says:

No yelling I love being alone