Mother – She Will Never Again

Mom - She Will Never AgainMy mother passed away in 2004 and lately I’m thinking about her constantly. It is like I’ve suddenly, just now, realized that she isn’t coming back.

She will never again snap at me for not brushing my hair before coming into the restaurant.

She will never again snap at me for not washing my windows.

She will never again snap at me.

She will never again smack me for being hilariously inappropriate.

She will never again clap her hand over her mouth to cover her loud laughter.

She will never again laugh at me.

She will never again tell me that I’m just like my father.

She will never again tell me that I’m doing OK as a mother.

She will never again.

FabFridayTeam

51 comments on “Mother – She Will Never Again

1. Ned's Blog says:

Yet, in your memories she will always be😉

2. shobaharidas says:

Reblogged this on shobaharidas and commented: 😦

3. shobaharidas says:

You’ve captured this so well
    I just watched Wild. Have you caught it?

4. Aw thanks so much. No I haven’t caught it, should I?

5. It’s surprising at what point it finally strikes you that somebody is gone. I went through that in the military (Vietnam) and again over the years following when it struck me that I am the oldest one left in my bloodline.

6. Fingerling says:

How great this post is. Very poetic and I can’t stop re-reading it !

7. It’s so hard…I can’t even imagine.😦

8. Jamie says:

Losing my parents is something I worry about so much more now that I am about to turn 40 and they are in their late 60’s….I am sorry that this is hitting your so hard right now. Prayers…

9. Austin says:

Thanks for joining my Blog Pitch Party. I’m already a fan of your blog, and I hope more of my followers check you out.

10. floridaborne says:

Found you at Austin’s place and thought I’d check out your blog.

I lost my mother in 1993, my father in 1985 and my 2nd husband (my kids father) in 1983. It helps to have pictures to remember them by and sometimes a memory will trigger a tear for the very reasons you’ve outlined.

11. Interesting fact: I seem to have lost the ability to watch the news before starting work. The time is used reading your blog and usually laughing my butt off. Thanks!

12. Funny, i thought I’d commented on this post ages ago…Iv’e read and shared it so many times, and never tire of it.
    I must have meant to comment, and then forgot…but thought I had…as you do.

Anyway, it’s a beautiful post Laura, one of my favorites…a lovely tribute to your Mum x

13. aw, thank you so much!!:) I love this!!!!!:)

14. Reblogged this on Skinny and Single and commented:

❤ received a lovely comment today and thought I'd reblog my for dearest mother:)

15. rehmanjafar says:

I’ve always had this fear of losing her.😦
    It scares me beyond imagination.

16. Oh dear, I’m sorry to read that. I imagine she feels that way about you also. How about you give her a quick call or drop in for a coffee?:) Give her a hug for me too.

17. Phil McCrackin says:

Nicely written, but I’m kinda bummed out now.

18. Sorry you are finding it hard. I still have my parents (late 80s) but find the long ago deaths of other close family members seem to get more painful as I get older. Sounds like you had a playful relationship with your mum though – even if she did smack you for being inappropriate. Made me smile.

19. I’m so sorry! We sometimes take the little things for granted!

20. Kimberly says:

I’ve said that worst part about losing someone is that they are dead for a such very long time. I found this post heartbreaking.

21. Drew Sheldon says:

Thanks for this, Laura.

22. OneDizzyBee says:

You echo many of my own recent thoughts here. I miss her all the time but most at Christmas. Beautiful post.

23. I love to bring up my positive memories of my mother when I miss her.

24. In this context you may refer my Post “I know you are the Soul. But…” which is on my father who parted just the other day.
    Amen!
    Shiva

25. Brenda says:

Beautiful post. As a 47-year old woman who lost her mother at 11 years old, it’s hard to come to grips with the things she would never again do. Hugs

26. Bless her. I think she’d of shouted at me with my quite unruley hair! Thanks for sharing. #FabFridayPost